Saturday, January 15, 2011

The "Super" in Supermarkets

It's pretty late but I'm actually in the mood to write about something! Besides I don't have a class later :> Another full weekend! NSTP has been very generous to my block lately as we're having more classroom sessions (which lasts for two hours) instead of the long insertion kung saan pagnaiwan ka ng jeep, four hour cut na :| I do miss my kids though despite of the fact I hate teaching English. Pero ibang klase ang  pakiramdam kapag wala kang pasok sa Sabado...You can TGIF (hence me sleeping late and writing hihihihi). Anyway, so why am I in the mood to write??? I was told by my teachers in highschool that once an idea has popped in your mind, it is important to jot it down. Kumbaga, isulat mo agad ang naisip mo at palawakin ito. I cannot stress enough how important this piece of advice is for me, especially since I have a short term memory and I suffer from low attention span :)) These are only theories but several facts have been in favor of these. Sadly, I didn't have any new idea for me to write HAHA. It's more of I had an experience a while ago that I have experienced before! I shopped at the grocery (in SM Supermarket at SM North Edsa to be specific). I have a lot of reasons why an experience like this for me in my opinion is worth writing about.

Shopping in the grocery is like heaven. To see the different types of food one can buy is just really thrilling for someone like me. A while ago, my mom and I shopped for ingredients of Sinigang and Nilaga. I love Nilaga!!! A place like this is also friendly for "wannabe cooks" like me since everything is just so organized as compared to a wet market. I must say that the effort Filipinos put in operating supermarkets is actually better than how justice works in our country (basta may masabi lang tungkol sa hustisya ng Pilipinas e hahaha). At the same time the supermarket is definitely a place where you can always find something new and sometimes, out of the ordinary! If you really explore the big place, you will find brands that you thought never existed or even stuff which may really surprise you. Since we are living in a modernized world, innovation has been something we yearn for and a supermarket can offer you that :> Also shopping in a place like a supermarket gives us a chance to spend more time with your family. It's a bonding session! Well at least for me and my mom. We usually shopped at the grocery when I was young and I'm happy that despite my busy schedule, I'm still able to bond with her in this way. You know what they say, "A Family that shops at the grocery together, feeds the same family".  To wrap-up this blog entry, the "Super" in Supermarkets is not what I have just said. Gusto niyo na ba malaman? The Cart. The Shopping Cart. The Push Cart. Why? Well because...it's really fun to use...and it let's you use your imagination...IT could be a CAR...it could be a space ship etc. What's more fun is if you get to race with someone (for example, my brother and I). Saya-saya lang talaga. So what did I imagine today upon using the cart and bringing it around? Hope this picture best explains it.
das ist alles!!! Goodnight! Hope I didn't waste your time :))

1 comment: